Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Light in the Darkness

This is late, and I had planned to write something completely different, but today seemed to mark a change in my fate, so I thought I'd share.

My father lost his job last fall. It happens a lot these days. He's barely been able to score an interview, let alone an actual job. It's been a hard year; a family of seven does not live too well on no income.

I didn't even apply to the colleges I was truly interested in for money's sake. I couldn't afford to pay application fees and to send my SAT score to schools that cost so much. I can't even afford my $3000 (give or take) a semester local school. My federal aid is laughable since they based it on the previous year, and we're struggling for reconsideration.

We've got other problems, but I won't continue on about them. This post is about a new hope. Today (well, yesterday rather. It is 12:30 AM) my father had a quasi interview with a contractual-consulting service.

He was told that he's very skilled, interviews well, and has a great personality. His interviewer told him that it seems so very unlikely that he's yet to get a job.

All seems to bode well. He has a proper interview coming up shortly, and if it goes as nicely as this, he'll receive a six-month contract with this company. At the end of those six months they will decide if they'll keep him or not, and if the decision is positive, he'll have a job for at least seven years.

So I'm asking all of you to send your well-wishes and hope to my family and me. If your religious, send prayers. A change in the wind would be very nice about now.

2 comments:

  1. I wish your dad all the luck in the world and I hope your family is okay <3

    ReplyDelete