Sunday, August 26, 2012

Time to Catch Up

Well I'm bloody awful at this blogging thing, aren't I? Along with most anything that involves commitment. (which makes me far less concerned about my perpetual singleness)

What's happened since I last posted? Well I started uni/college last Monday. Oh. AND MY DAD STARTED WORK AGAIN ON THE VERY SAME DAY. It was quite exciting. He did show me up though when it comes to settling into new situations. He made friends with everyone immediately (as he always does) and they treated him to lunch several days in a row. I don;t know how I'd be getting on at uni if I didn't already know some people, and even then, I don't share classes with them and our schedule conflict. No one's bought me lunch, but Khalid did by me a cuppa.

Classes. Let's talk classes.

I've started taking Chinese though I've already reached my language requirements. It's very... scary, but I seem to be picking it up better than most (save for those who have already taken Mandarin or speak it at home). There's a boy in my class who is just really interested in learning the language. So much, in fact, that he keeps everyone else from learning it and he verbally attacks the class.

I feel so special having a 10 person class in uni. It's a history skills seminar on Comparative Slaveries in Africa and it's so very very interesting.

I'm taking one of my Liberal Studies courses on Visual Arts and it's focused on Architecture. It's different, but I like the opportunity to learn new things. I especially like how it connects building styles to the times, to history.

Modern Asia is an interesting one. My professor is German and the way she says "Moodle" is just too cute. I need to learn to speak up in that class, though, it's of a larger size.

Then there's my English class. I think I'm going to love it. It isn't a normal English class. It's taught by a professor of linguistics. It's more about communication and how we portray ideas through various mediums. We started a blog for that class. Check mine out: http://coffeeshopcavalier.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment